Sunday, August 15, 2010

Arrived at the TDWI World Conference

Just arrived in San Diego at the August 2010 TDWI World Conference.  Really looking forward to a week spent opening my mind to what is going on in the industry.

The overall theme for the conference is “Agile BI”.  Pretty much every BI article I’ve seen over the past 6 months has something to do with Agile.  Somebody must have heard me complaining about how we haven’t embraced Agile in BI!

I will be attending the BI Executive Summit, so looking forward to the presentations and especially the panel discussions.  If you are interested here is the agenda:

http://events.tdwi.org/events/san-diego-bi-executive-summit-2010/home.aspx

My intended outcomes for this conference are:

  • Learning about how other organizations are getting their BI programs more Agile
  • Learning about BI Competency Centres and how other organizations structure their BI teams
  • Making 10 new contacts to expand my network

I will be posting updates via this blog and real time from my twitter account (http://twitter.com/markcudmore).  Would love to hear your comments via twitter, comments to this blog or by email at mark.bibrain@blogspot.com (with that many choices you have no excuse).

Mark

No comments:

This is a personal weblog, and does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer.